Flowing from high in the Mackenzie Mountains, the Natla/Keele is a major tributary for the Mackenzie River.
We can look forward to sightings of Dall's sheep, moose, caribou, wolves, grizzly and black bears, raptors and a variety of songbirds. Black and white spruce, aspen and white birch cover the valleys which thin to open alpine slopes and ridges. Off-river explorations provide dramatic vistas of the neighboring ranges and the river valley below. These rivers flow through the traditional lands of the Mountain Dene people. Following European contact, generations of Dene families made seasonal trips on these rivers by moose skin boats delivering their furs between the high country and trading posts on the Mackenzie River.
14 Day Canoeing Adventure
- Cost: $6400 + GST
- Start: Natla/Keele Confluence
- Finish: Tulita
- Length: 14 Days
- River Class: 2
- Craft: Canoe
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Cost: $6400 plus GST ex Norman Wells, N.W.T.
- Dates: July 9th - July 22nd
- Additional dates may be available for group bookings. Please inquire.
21 Day Canoeing Adventure
- Cost: $7400 + GST
- Start: O'Grady Lake
- Finish: Tulita, NT
- Length: 21 Days
- River Class: 2-3
- Craft: Canoe
- Skill Level: Intermediate - Advanced
- Cost: $7400 + GST ex: Norman Wells, N.W.T.
- Dates: July 1st - 21st
- Additional dates may be available for group bookings. Please inquire.)
Gratuities are not included. Our guides make every effort to ensure your holiday is all you expected and more. Recognition of a job well done is always appreciated. $30/day is recommended which will be divided between the guides. (Ex. 12 day trip = $360.)
- We advise you to consult a travel agent and purchase trip insurance which covers you in event of cancellation due to family emergencies and costs incurred as a result of delays or emergency evacuations. This must be purchased at the time you make your deposit.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Average participants to guides ratio 4:1
- Maximum participants 12
- Charter flights (O'Grady Lake or Natla and Keele Rivers)
- Nutritious and hearty camp meals
- Beer/wine/soda and liqueurs with some meals
- ABS Royalex canoes with full spray decks
- All necessary kitchen and group camp equipment including folding chairs, tables and screened dining tent
- Deluxe Mountain Hardware free standing tents, Trango 3.1
- Chlorophyl Camp Tarp
- A dry pack with shoulder straps large enough for all your personal items, Cascade Designs 115 litre Boundary Pack or similar
- Salus Personal flotation devices (PFD)
- Bare wetsuits
- Predator Whitewater Paddling Helmets
- Werner Bandit, curved blade paddle
- First aid kit, throw bags and other safety equipment
- Emergency Iridium Satellite Phone
- River boat shuttle from Tulita to Norman Wells
- Baggage charges and freight for canoes, group equipment and food
- Nahanni Wild souvenir gifts
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Air transportation to and from Norman Wells
- Hotel accommodations or restaurant meals Norman Wells (we can make reservations for you if desired)
- Coverage for additional expenses incurred as a result of an emergency evacuation or delays
- Trip insurance - learn more about trip insurance here: https://nahanniwild.com/trip-insurance/
If you have any questions regarding this adventure please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toll free number CANADA and USA
Callers from outside North America please dial